To install a Bluetooth mobile phone
If your mobile phone can also communicate with your computer over a Bluetooth wireless network to perform tasks such as contact synchronization or file transfer, then use Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel to install your mobile phone.
- Attach or turn on the Bluetooth radio adapter for your
- Set up your mobile phone so that
Windows XPcan find it. Setting up your phone includes:
- Turning it on
- Making it discoverable (or visible)
- Giving it a name (optional)
If you are not sure how to set up your phone to make it discoverable, read the documentation for the phone.
- Open Bluetooth Devices in Control Panel.
- On the Devices tab, click Add.
- Follow the steps in the Add Bluetooth Device Wizard.