Here's How To View Hidden Files and Folders:
- Windows XP, 2000 users: To begin, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop, then skip to Step 4.
- Windows Vista users: Click Start, then Control Panel. Click "Appearance and Personalization" then click the Folder Options icon and skip to Step 5.
- Windows ME, NT, 98, and 95 users: To begin, double-click the My Computer icon on the desktop, then skip to Step 6.
- Windows 2000 and XP users: Click Tools | Folder Options | View then skip to Step 7.
- Windows Vista: Click View then skip to Step 7.
- Windows ME/95/98/NT: Click View | Options | View
- Under Hidden files and folders, select "Show hidden files and folders"
- Now close the dialog boxes you have opened to perform this task. You should now be able to view hidden files and folders on the system. Note that this change may cause the hidden (and legitimate) file 'desktop.ini' to appear on the desktop.